- Abstracts have to be submitted exclusively online.
- Deadline for application is 16 January 2017 09:00:00 CET.
- Posters are equally submitted as abstracts related to the respective topics.
- Alterations and corrections may be executed previous to the deadline.
- Each contribution must relate to one of the given topics (topics).
- Abstracts may be submitted and presented in German or English.
- The abstract is limited to 3.000 characters (ca. 400 words) incl. blanks, up to 2 table charts (50 characters deduction each) and 1 graphic design (300 characters deduction).
- The title should be short and significant.The text has to be orthographically suitable for publishing.
- The following structure of the abstract is mandatory: objectives, methods, results and conclusions.
- Concerning the methods it has to be clear if the study is prospective or a retrospective. Statistical procedures have to be specified.
- The methodology of data entry and evaluation of clinical papers must comprehensively describe the level of evidence (EbM-Levels).
- The setup of experimental studies has to be documented.
- The abstract has to contain all relevant data and figures. Abbreviations must be defined at first usage.
- The usage of special formatting should be limited. The correct replication in all media cannot be granted.
- It is not allowed to submit an abstract several times to different subjects of the congress.
- The number of papers submitted by the same author is limited to 10.
- The number of authors is limited to 8 altogether. The presenter must be listed first.
- The presenter is responsible for the compliance with data protection, copyrights, ethic regulations and laws on animal protection.
- To assure the anonymous review it is not allowed to mention any names or locations in the paper.
- Results that have already been published or lectured elsewhere cannot be submitted.
- Accepted papers will be published for quotation on CD-ROM/USB-Stick and at German Medical Science (www.egms.de) according to the principles of open access.
- Authors’ fees or royalties cannot be claimed.
- All listed authors have to consent to the abstract text as well as to their publication in all congress media.
- Conflicts of interest by commercial support have to be disclosed.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by several experts.
- Evaluation criteria are: Aim and objective (inventive, important, clearly defined), material and methodology (adequate design, prospective or retrospective), results (complete, trend-setting, statistically covered) and conclusions (critical, well deduced, current literature).
- Abstracts that show formal errors (multi-submission, not anonymised, already published) will be rejected.
- E-Mail notifications about acceptance or refusal will be sent to the presenting author subsequent to the reviewing process.
- In case of acceptance as oral or poster, the presenting author automatically receives a free congress ticket. All co-authors have to register formally if required.
- EbM Award: The DGOU supports evidence based medicine in orthopaedics and traumatology by donating EUR 5,000. The paper must be submitted and accepted as an oral presentation at DKOU along with the application for the EbM Award to the DKOU office (www.dgou.de).
- Poster Award: The 3 posters with the highest scores will receive between EUR 500 and 1,500 by DGOU. The rating is based on the score of the review process, the graphical design as well as the presentation during the Poster Session.
- Wilhelm Roux Award: The best experimental paper presented at the DKOU will be nominated by the Basic Research Section of DGOU and awarded EUR 5,000 donated by Aesculap. All papers submitted to Basic Research and accepted as an oral presentation automatically participate in the competition.
- ORS Travel Award: The DGOU supports the scientific exchange with the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) by donating EUR 2,500 to visit the ORS Annual Meeting 2018 in San Diego. All papers submitted to Basic Research and accepted as an oral presentation for DKOU 2017 automatically participate in the competition.